The Palace Gate Centre wants to responsibly play our part in restricting the spread of the Covid 19 virus, whilst ensuring that essential services remain open for as long as is possible. Please check back here for further updates.
Anyone who currently wishes to enter the Palace Gate Centre must observe the following requirements:
- we ask all visitors to the Centre to wash their hands as soon as they come into the building. Toilets with washbasins are to the left when you come in
- do not come into the Centre if you have had a persistent cough or fever in the last 14 days or if you live with someone who has
- tissues and bins are provided in the Centre – please use these if you sneeze or cough
- groups should ensure that people sit further apart than normal and there should be no physical contact
- we urge groups to avoid indirect contact, so recommend you do not have communal food or share literature
As of today, we can tell you that:
- the Palace Gate Centre remains open to existing users but we ask all our user groups to consider whether their meeting is truly essential.
- Dove Cafe is open tomorrow (19 March). The cafe will close to the general public next week but we will continue to offer support on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to regular users who come
- the Centre is currently not taking any new bookings
- the Devon Performing Arts Gala Concert this Saturday (22 March) is cancelled and the last day of the Festival (19 March) is cancelled
- the St Leonard’s Pre School is closed from 23 March until further notice
- Exeter Choral Society are not currently rehearsing
- Keep Fit are not meeting till further notice
- Dads n Littluns is cancelled until further notice
- the Male Voice Choir have stopped their rehearsals till further notice
- the Exeter Jigsaw Library is currently closed
- Palace Gate Counselling is still operating
- Cruse Bereavement Care is still operating
- many of the anonymous fellowships are still meeting
From Monday 23 March, we urge anyone over the age of 70 or in an at risk group (see https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ ) to consider whether their visit to the Centre is truly necessary. We are urging those groups still operating to consider how they will support each other should the Centre have to close for a period of time.